Parents as Teachers (PAT)
What is P.A.T.?
Parents as Teachers is a parent education and support program for families with children from birth to three years old as well as expectant parents. It is designed to guide you as a parent to be able to support your child so they learn, grow and develop to realize his/her full potential.
Any family in the West Aurora district can take advantage of these services for FREE.
Vision Statement: We embrace the curiosity, diversity, and the joy of learning for our students and their families.
Aim 1: We seek to create a welcoming environment focused on family engagement and empowerment.
Aim 2: We Stablish safe and trusting relationships and environments with students and their families.
Aim 3: We develop a foundation for the love of learning across home, school, and community.
To provide the information, support and encouragement to parents to nurture and guide their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
- The early years of a child's life are critical for optimal development and provide the foundation for success in school and in life.
- Parents are their children's first, forever, and most influential teachers.
- Established and emerging research should be the foundation of parent education and family support curricula, training, materials and services.
- All young children and their families deserve the same opportunities to succeed, regardless of any demographic, geographic or economic considerations.
- An understanding and appreciation of the history and traditions of diverse cultures is essential in serving families.