Last year, our SD129 Board of Education approved the use of e-learning days. This means that in the event of inclement weather or another crisis, we would have the option to use either an emergency day or an e-learning day.
Check up on what has been happening in our district.
Cold temperatures are upon us! Please help prepare your child for inclement weather.
- Dress children in layers! Make sure to cover their head, neck, hands, and feet. Dressing in layers and ensuring skin is not exposed is especially important.
- Sometimes, older children have the tendency to think they are invincible in the cold. Please make sure that they aren’t wearing shorts or open toe/heel shoes to school in extreme temperatures.
- Children should not be left unattended at bus stops or spend any extended period of time outdoors.
- Just as regular traffic may be impacted by winter weather conditions, parents should be prepared that school buses may also be delayed in arriving. Buses will run as close to schedule as possible but delays can occur and should be expected.
- Taking extra care in the winter months can help keep your child healthy and safe. We thank you for your continued support of our schools and our mission - to embrace the curiosity, complexity, and joy of learning!
Be part of our team!